Vasotec Prescription Meds Order Without Rx Request Online Secure
Generic Vasotec is a high quality medical drug that is approved by the FDA and is also marketed as: Enalapril, Enaladex, Enacard
*Vasotec® is a trusted high blood pressure treatment & the first of its kind, by Merck & Co.
View more › Collapse
- How to take
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- Missed dose
Generic Vasotec (enalapril) belongs to a group of drugs called ACE inhibitors. ACE stands for angiotensin converting enzyme. Generic Vasotec is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and congestive heart failure. Generic Vasotec is also used to treat a disorder of the ventricles (the lower chambers of the heart that allow blood to flow out of the heart). This disorder can decrease the heart's ability to pump blood to the body.
Take Generic Vasotec exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
Generic Vasotec can be taken with or without food.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Vasotec: hives; severe stomach pain; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- feeling like you might pass out;
- urinating more or less than usual, or not at all;
- swelling, rapid weight gain;
- weakness, confusion, increased thirst, loss of appetite, vomiting, pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding;
- fast or uneven heartbeats;
- high potassium (slow heart rate, weak pulse, muscle weakness, tingly feeling);
- chest pain; or
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious Generic Vasotec side effects may include:
- loss of taste sensation, loss of appetite;
- dizziness, drowsiness, headache;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- dry mouth;
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea; or
- mild skin itching or rash.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Before you take Generic Vasotec, tell your doctor if you have kidney or liver disease, heart disease, diabetes, or a connective tissue disease such as Marfan syndrome, Sjogren's syndrome, lupus, scleroderma, or rheumatoid arthritis.
Avoid drinking alcohol. It can further lower your blood pressure and may increase some of the side effects of Generic Vasotec. Do not use salt substitutes or potassium supplements while taking Generic Vasotec, unless your doctor has told you to.
Do not use Generic Vasotec if you are pregnant. Stop using this medication and tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- a diuretic (water pill) such as amiloride (Midamor, Moduretic), spironolactone (Aldactone, Aldactazide), or triamterene (Dyrenium, Maxzide, Dyazide);
- gold injections to treat arthritis;
- lithium (Lithobid, Eskalith);
- a potassium supplement such as Cytra, Epiklor, K-Lyte, K-Phos, Kaon, Klor-Con, or Polycitra; or
- aspirin or other NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn, Naprelan, Treximet), celecoxib (Celebrex), diclofenac (Arthrotec, Cambia, Cataflam, Voltaren, Flector Patch, Pennsaid, Solareze), indomethacin (Indocin), meloxicam (Mobic), and others.
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Vasotec.
If you miss a dose of Generic Vasotec, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take two doses at once.
Store Generic Vasotec at room temperature below 86 degrees (30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Enalapril out of the reach of children and away from pets.