Sildenafil Citrate (Generic Viagra) tablets have been helping millions of men around the world achieve and maintain a long-lasting erection for over a decade. Join the Viagra revolution and find out how this little blue pill can change your life.
View more › Collapse
- How to take
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- Missed dose
Sildenafil Citrate is the most prescribed erectile dysfunction treatment in the world. Sildenafil Citrate has helped millions of men around the world treat their impotence for over a decade. Sildenafil Citrate works by sending a rush of blood to the muscle tissues around the penis to produce a hard and long-lasting erection. Once aroused, Sildenafil Citrate begins to activate helping the user reach and sustain a satisfying erection.
Take one pill orally between 30 - 60 minutes before intended intercourse. You can take Sildenafil Citrate with our without food or drink. Do not take more than one tablet within a 24-hour period of time. Before taking Sildenafil, do not eat a very large or high fat meal as it will impair the effectiveness of the medication.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
During sexual activity, if you become dizzy or nauseated, or have pain, numbness, or tingling in your chest, arms, neck, or jaw, stop and call your doctor right away. You could be having a serious side effect of sildenafil.
Stop using sildenafil and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- sudden vision loss;
- ringing in your ears, or sudden hearing loss;
- chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling;
- irregular heartbeat;
- swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet;
- shortness of breath;
- vision changes;
- feeling light-headed, fainting; or
- penis erection that is painful or lasts 4 hours or longer.
Less serious side effects may include:
- warmth or redness in your face, neck, or chest;
- stuffy nose;
- memory problems;
- upset stomach; or
- back pain.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of sildenafil citrate.
Avoid using other medicines to treat impotence, such as alprostadil (Caverject, Muse, Edex) or yohimbine (Yocon, Yodoxin, others), without first talking to your doctor.
Do not take sildenafil citrate with similar medications such as avanafil (Stendra), tadalafil (Cialis) or vardenafil (Levitra). Tell your doctor about all other medications you use for erectile dysfunction.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- bosentan (Tracleer);
- cimetidine (Tagamet);
- conivaptan (Vaprisol);
- imatinib (Gleevec);
- isoniazid (for treating tuberculosis);
- an antidepressant such as nefazodone;
- an antibiotic such as clarithromycin (Biaxin), erythromycin (E.E.S., EryPed, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin, Pediazole), rifampin (Rifater, Rifadin, Rifamate), or telithromycin (Ketek);
- antifungal medication such as itraconazole (Sporanox), ketoconazole (Nizoral), or voriconazole (Vfend);
- drugs to treat high blood pressure or a prostate disorder, such as alfuzosin (Uroxatral), doxazosin (Cardura), prazosin (Minipress), terazosin (Hytrin), silodosin (Rapaflo), tamsulosin (Flomax, Jalyn);
- heart or blood pressure medication such as amlodipine (Norvasc, Caduet, Exforge, Lotrel, Tekamlo, Tribenzor, Twynsta, Amturnide), diltiazem (Cardizem, Cartia, Dilacor, Diltia, Diltzac, Taztia, Tiazac), nicardipine (Cardene), quinidine (Quin-G), or verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan);
- the hepatitis C medications boceprevir (Victrelis) or telaprevir (Incivek); or
- HIV/AIDS medicine such as atazanavir (Reyataz), darunavir (Prezista), fosamprenavir (Lexiva), indinavir (Crixivan), nelfinavir (Viracept), ritonavir (Kaletra, Norvir), saquinavir (Fortovase), or tipranavir (Aptivus).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with sildenafil citrate.
This medication is used as needed, so you are not likely to be on a dosing schedule.
If you miss a dose of Sildenafil Citrate, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
The ideal temperature for storing Sildenafil Citrate is between 59 and 86 degrees (or 15 and 30 degrees Celsius) away from heat, moisture, and sunlight. Keep this medication a safe distance away from children and pets.